Cross-docking simply means receiving goods at one door and shipping out through the other door almost immediately without putting them in monthly storage. Examples when cross dock services are usually needed and which Advanced Bonded can help your drivers:
- West-coast deliveries or pick-ups which need to be double stacked for long-hauls or unstacked to a single layer for deliveries.
- A driver has two or more deliveries and needs freight rearranged or stored (daily). Driver will return ASAP for some or all product for next order(s).
- A driver needs to trans-load freight from one trailer to another. Examples would be from local LTL drivers to long-haul drivers.
- Shifted or damaged loads need to be unloaded, re-palletized, and staged for shipment back to your customer or vendor.
Have a driver stranded and in need of cross dock services in Charlotte?
It is an inevitable certitude for the shipping industry to have scheduling problems. Nightmares such as missed appointments due to weather, traffic, and driving hour restrictions can cause problems between drivers and shipping companies and their customers. How would a customer feel if their product is left at unsecured rest areas, roadsides, or driver’s homes in company trailers overnight or for even days? This doesn’t need to be the case. The peace of mind a secured, bonded, and insured warehouse can leave the driver, your company, and your customer is invaluable for these instances. Advanced Bonded offers cross dock services in Charlotte, NC for any non-hazardous, non-flammable goods for short-term turnaround (immediate to 3 day) or long-term storage. Give us a call at 704.393.1900 or email us if you are in need of these services. For immediate assistance please call for faster service. Generally, we can assist your firm with cross dock service on very short notice.
- Cost-efficient rates!
- Transload and cross-dock facilities near CLT Douglas International Airport and major CSX freight depots.
- Significant dock-door capacity
- In and out/manifesting
- Freight prioritization and allocation
- Complete order visibility from pickup through delivery
- Intermodal inbound and outbound solutions (container/TL/LTL)